Share this infographic on your site!
Embed this infographic on your site!
The editors at Best Paralegal Schools Online decided to research the topic of:
9 Bizarre Laws From the U.S.
- No disguises or laughter aloud in church!
- Williams vs. State - AL Supreme Court, 1888
- Williams charged with disrupting a religious service by wearing a false mustache
- Williams appealed and was denied
- Court findings:
- "...after having proved that the defendant had a false mustache, and intentionally did an act in its nature rude, which interrupted the assemblage..."
- Tina, eat the food! ...But not there!
- It is illegal to allow one's llama to graze on city property
- If a person
- or controls
- a domesticated animal, including
- They must not allow the animal to graze, pasture or run on city property without a permit
- They see me stompin'; they be hatin'!
- The harassing of Bigfoot, Sasquatch or other undiscovered subspecies is a felony punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment.
- Fine for Bigfoot harrassing:
- up to $100,00
- up to 10 years
- So, you and your buddies wanted to watch some bear wrestling? Tough!
- A person commits unlawful bear exploitation by the following:
- Promoting or engaging in a bear wrestling match
- Receiving money for admission to bear wrestling
- Surgically altering a bear for purposes of exploitation (ie. tendon cutting, tooth removal, claw removal)
- Penalties for bear exploitation include
- loss of bear custody
- Dying one duckling blue is bad. Dying several is ok.
- One may not dye a duckling blue and offer it for sale unless more than six are for sale at once.
- No person shall sell, exchange, display or posses
- living chicks
- other fowl
- which have been dyed or colored
- The quantity is more than 5
- The rabbit weighs 3 pounds or more
- Fine of $100 - $500
- Inigo Montoya will never have a career in politics
- Any person who participates in a duel may not hold any public office in the state.
- If you fight a duel or accept a challenge to fight a duel:
- You will be deprived of the right to hold any office of honor
- You will be punished as the Legislature sees fit
- Don't move to Minnesota if you're terrible at math
- Residents of even numbered addresses may not water their plants on odd-numbered days excluding the thirty first day where it applies.
- Violation of this subsection shall constitute a petty misdemeanor.
- Chicken leg, Leg of lamb, Human leg...Wait, what?
- It is unlawful to bite off another's leg or to
- Put out an eye
- Slit the nose, ear or lip
- Bite off or disable any limb
- Penalties include:
- Imprisonment not exceeding 20 years and not less than 1 year